Considering I haven’t been blogging nearly as much as I should lately, I was very surprised (and delighted) to be nominated for The Sunshine Award, by not only 1, but 4 people!!
Thank you to Kjtamuser, Apqaria, Chris (mydogknowsKorean), and Snow for the nominations! I really do appreciate it!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
1. Who is your favorite second male lead?
Well, according to my post on male second leads, my favorite is Yoo Ah-In for his performance in Sungkyunkwan Scandal. I don’t know that I really have a favorite. I appreciate the important part male second leads play in the stories, but I tend to focus on the lead more.
2. What kdrama death did you weep buckets of tears over?
SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED CHUNO: My heart will forever be ripped and shattered into a million pieces for Daegil from Chuno. I will never be the same and the wound will never fully heal. Yes, yes.. I know… I’m being super dramatic but it was traumatizing.
3. What kdrama twist surprised you?
SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED TREE WITH DEEP ROOTS: I did not expect the butcher to be the mastermind. Usually you can smell a twist a mile away, but this one fooled me.
4. What is your source for kdramas? e.g. website, satellite tv
I mainly watch Kdramas through Viki or DramaFever either on my tv or tablet. My tv is hooked up to the laptop.
5. How many hours a week do you blog?
I used to blog between 3-5 hours a week but not since the beginning of the summer. My interests have been divided and as a result my blog commitment has been shaken. I’m sorry! I’m trying to ease my way back into a regular blogging schedule.
6. Favorite thing about blogging
Best part about blogging is being able to share my thoughts and have other people share their thoughts on a common interest as well. I always like reading other peoples perspectives and it makes watching something so much more enjoyable. I also love drawing and making banners, so I try to incorporate that into my blog as well.
7. Least favourite thing about blogging
Consistency. I’m a procrastinator by nature, so being consistent is a huge struggle. I often have grand ideas of things I can post about, how to improve my blog, but I never seem to make much headway due to my laziness and laundry list of excuses.
8. Would you rather travel to Korea, Japan, or Taiwan?
Personally Korea, but my boyfriend really wants to go to Japan. We are both into anime so I have a feeling we would be visiting Japan first. I’d be happy going to either place, but how could I not want to go Korea?
1. Top 3 ALL TIME Favorite dramas (any country) and why?
So hard to pick three. Can’t I pick 5? I’ll be a rebel and pick 5 – Chuno, Tree with Deep Roots, Autumn’s Concerto, Coffee Prince and Thank You. Reasons are awesomeness.
2. You cashed in all your flyer miles and your savings to go on the trip of a lifetime. Where would you go and what must you see while there?
Korea. Must see the cherry blossoms and soak in everything.
3. Dog person or cat person and why?
I love both but I’ll pick cats. I’ve pretty much always had a cat and they’re more independent but still love affection.
4. Your favorite “Asian” actors and singers invite you to KARAOKE…what do you sing?
Creep by Radiohead. Ask any die-hard Jang Hyuk fan why – They know the answer 🙂
5. Who or What got you interested in the TOPIC YOU BLOG ABOUT MOST?
DramaFan and Gumi from the blog Stuck on Hyuk got me obessed with the actor Jang Hyuk. A majority of my reviews are works he has been in.
1. What was your first ever Kdrama you watched?
I actually started with the Taiwanese drama Skip Beat! I believe my first ever Korean drama was Oh! My lady!
2. What is your favorite genre?
It used to be Romantic Comedy, but I also love Romantic Melodramas and Sageuks (Historical Dramas)
3. What is your favorite quote?
Seriously. I’m joking, but I’m serious.
4. Are you interested in Horoscopes?
I enjoy them, but I don’t take them too seriously, but they are fun.
5. Are you so into social media?
I am. I have two twitter accounts – one for kdramas @zhaoul and one for reality TV @ranceyfan
6. Did you visit Korea before?
Not yet. One day I hope to.
7. Do you like Anime/Manga? if Yes what is your favorite?
I love both but prefer Manga because often animes end abruptly while the manga storyline continues. My love for animes and manga is what first introduced me to the world of Asian Dramas.
8. Did you ever win a prize before? if yes, what was it? and if no, what would be your dream prize?
I won an Xbox 360 once with a bunch of games. That was pretty cool.
1. What is your favourite thing to do when you are not watching dramas?
I really like reality TV. It’s a guilty pleasure of mine. I also watch lots of movies. I love World Cinema.
2. Which is your all time favourite movie in the following categories:  Thriller  Romance  Comedy?
This is an impossible question for me to answer. I’ve watched so many movies and love multiple movies. If I have to pick, I would say, The Stand for Thriller (not really a thriller, but close enough), Gone with the Wind for Romance, and Victor/Victoria for Comedy.
3. Your favourite book.
Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice
4. Your go-to drama.
5. In your opinion, the best drama couple is………..
Mi Young (Jang Nara) and Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk) from Fated to Love You
6. What is the best smell in the world?
Freedom, then probably vanilla.
7. Your dream pairing for a drama.
Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara. I know they’ve starred together twice already, but I’d like to see them pair up for a third time.
8. Your favourite character from Friends (if you haven’t seen it, then from any other American T.V. show)
Chandler, but at the time Rachel was my favourite.
Questions from Kdramadreamer
1. What drama cliche, if any, are you sick of?
2. What’s your favorite word in Korean?
3. If your life could be a Kdrama story, which one would you want it to be and why?
4. What Kdrama character reminds you the most of yourself?
5. Which Kdrama character would be your ideal love of your life?
6. What was the worst drama you ever saw?
7. Which female lead had you frustrated like no other?
8. Was there ever a male lead you honestly didn’t like, and who?
And without further ado…I nominate:
SORRY SORRY, I’M A BAD BOY
If you’ve already gotten an award and I missed it, feel free to ignore this. If you just can’t be bothered to go through this entire thing, also feel free to ignore this. No offense will be taken.